Friday, 8 January 2016

Amazing Grace

I am truly thankful for the renewed desire to delve into God's Word. As I dig deeper, pore through the Old Testament when the New Testament points to it, I cannot help but be in awe and full of adoration for my loving Father.

Jesus coming down to die on the Cross was NOT an afterthought. It was not like God went "Oops, better come up with a plan." I reckon the conversation between God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit went something like that. 

*Disclaimer: this is all in my head, it is NOT a revelation, just my overactive imagination.

Father God: Ok, Son, Holy Spirit, shall we get creative? 
Holy Spirit: Well, I've been thinking Father, when we create, it will be perfect.
Father God: Yes, but I am feeling REALLY creative. 
Jesus and Holy Spirit: Ok...
Jesus: Dad, if you are thinking what I think you are thinking, we need to have a plan.
Holy Spirit: Not just a plan, but a foolproof plan, one with measures set in place in case creation given free will decides to do something stupid.
Jesus: Dad, I am willing if needed.
Father God: So it's set, we shall create the heavens and the earth, light and its absence.
Holy Spirit: Ooh I know, absence of light let's call it darkness.
Father God: Then we shall make land and seas, mountains and valleys.
Jesus: We shall make creatures that swim in the waters, fly in the skies and walk upon the dry land.
Holy Spirit: Before we create animals, we need to make sure they are feed and sustained. Let's have vegetation of all kinds!
Jesus: Fruit bearing ones, some that multiply through spores, maybe some that just multiply under the soil. Ooh...
Holy Spirit: Make the fruits multi-coloured - red, orange, purple, green, blue, brown, yellow, all of these in different hues and shades too! 
Jesus: Oh, the fruits must come from flowers, then we can create mixture of colours on these petals.
Father God: (clears his throat) Let's throw in a test for the ultimate creation we are going to make. What if...
Holy Spirit: What if?
Jesus: What if we give Man, the ultimate creation, dominion over everything but tell them there's a fruit that they cannot eat?
Father God: But everything else is made available for them to use and eat. 
Holy Spirit: Sounds like a good test of obedience. But it means...
Father God: It means they would have free will.
Jesus: They can choose whether or not they obey.
Holy Spirit: What if...
Father God: They choose to disobey?
Jesus: Dad, we are going to make them in our likeness. So they are your children too. If they choose to disobey...
Holy Spirit: Jesus, are you serious? (Some kind of overly dramatic sound effect)
Father God: Son, I know this is a lot to ask of you, but...
Jesus: Dad, I will do whatever it costs us to bring them home.
Holy Spirit: But Jesus, it's going to cost Father EVERYTHING! It's going cost Him, You! You sure?
Jesus: Holy, look, calm down. Father knows what He is doing. WE know what we are doing. You know that Lucifer was eavesdropping on our conversation?
Holy Spirit: Yes, hello, we are omniscient remember?
Father God: That Lucifer is jealous of Man, and he wants to be worshipped like we are. For that he shall be banished to the pits of hell! (cue thunder and lightning etc.)
Holy Spirit: Michael and Gabriel are already fighting him.
Father God: So looks like Son, you are going down to save them from their ill choice of listening to that deceiver Lucifer.
Holy Spirit: Satan, devil, the prince of the air, those shall be his new name.
Father God: So Son there WILL come a time when you will be crucified on the Cross, the most humiliating and painful death Man could conceive. BUT the worst thing of all is you have to battle Satan once and for all in hell and be separated from us for a time.
Holy Spirit: We cannot be with you in hell Jesus, can you bear it?
Jesus: Because we love them... Dad... Holy... I will do what it takes.
Father God: For now, let's hope Man make wise decisions in obedience with the free will that they are given.

The Bible shows us that Jesus' rescue plan for mankind was not an afterthought. The Bible shows us that God had interweave this plan from the beginning of time till it was excuted some 2000 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment